1. What exactly is BEAN?
BEAN is a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization focused on building friendships around charitable causes. For a broader view of BEAN, check out our “About Us” page.
2. What do I need to do to become a member?
A member is anyone who has signed up on our BEAN website at beanonline.org or who 'Likes' our BEANSeattle Facebook Page.
3. What are the membership requirements?
BEAN doesn’t have any membership requirements – we want you to get out of it exactly what you put into it! Whether you want to attend an occasional volunteer event or every event posted on the website, you are considered a member either way.
4. What are the membership fees?
There are NO fees associated with being a BEAN member.
5. If I didn’t sign up for a BEAN event on the BEAN website or Facebook, can I still attend?
It depends upon the event, but generally, yes. The exception would be certain volunteer events that require background information prior to the event and/or have a maximum capacity.
6. Can I bring a friend who is not a BEAN member with me to an event?
Yes! You can bring a friend to any social or networking event and to most volunteering events. The exception to this would be any volunteering event that requires background information prior to the event and/or that have a maximum capacity.
7. I have a question that is not answered here – who do I need to talk to?
E-mail me, Angela Fisk, VP of Membership for BEAN Seattle at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link below.